Saturday, January 31, 2009

November BJP




November was just plain crazy! I participated in a quilt guild show, a fibre art show (both with boutiques), volunteered at the Shadow Box Auction at the Textile Museum of Canada (I donated a piece), was involved in a couple of online swaps, The Exquisite Corpse Round Robin and taught my first technique class at a local quilt shop. Whew! On top of that, I work full time. I felt like my head was exploding! I tried to capture that feeling in this autumn coloured piece. I wanted to include fibre, so used some of my machine wrapped braid and hand ruched some lovely orange velvet (given to me by a friend). I used the large stone bead to portray myself, sitting in the middle of all this action. So many avenues, so little time and no way to get out! Please note the metallic fringe, exploding all over the place. I'm glad it's over and I promise not to overcommit in the future. LOL! - Anne Marie - Toronto

4 comments:

Robin said...

Well, I know it doesn't feel so great when trapped by too many responsibilities... but at least you (as the stone bead on this piece) are surrounded by fabulous texture, color... nothing is static... that's for sure, yet it all flows in a way that seems manageable. Lovely piece!!!

Robin A.

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks! I like the piece as well, although it does have the dreaded orange in it. I think that I have too many memories of the 70's, so tend to shy away from that colour. It's funny! There's nothing like a good deadline to get me all fired up. - Anne Marie - Toronto

heidibeads said...

My first reaction was that it was a volcano, guess my gut was correct now that I've read about your head almost exploding. Thank goodness, it didn't. I like it though - it has great movement.

Rose Anne B said...

WOW Anne Marie, these are very intriquing shaped pieces and I can't wait to see the whole collection together. I especially love the NOVEMBER one so far!!! Beautiful!!!