Thursday, October 2, 2008

September Project - Happiness!!

Hiya, everybody. I was wondering if I would be left in your dust with an unfinished September entry. I have avoided disaster and, as luck and Lady Serendipity would have it, I got 2 bracelets and a pair of earrings, some nice additions to my artisan jewellery.

I learned 2 new techniques in September. And a new resolution or two.
  • With each month's project I will be adding a pair of earrings.
  • Don't be so petulant: don't throw the baby out with the bath water: hold my mouth differently before I decide the piece is completely useless.

I started a list of all the items of artisan jewellery I could make and discovered there are enough that I can double up some of them. For example, a set of 6 buttons can join a pair of cufflinks; shoe clips can join a brooch.

Well, now October faces me. Bit by bit we are nearing my favourite season: winter. I even think I know what I want to do for December/January, the 12 Days of Christmas. It takes us from Christmas in December to Epiphany in January. I won't do too much thinking right now: I'll let my brain percolate the ideas. It always works best that way.

Well, that's what I think.

Helene

No comments: